Paris, 14 May 2019 – Midem, the home of the global music community, will place artists and creation at the core of its annual Cannes conference, 04-07 June.
This year’s Midem will see multiple initiatives putting artists and creation centre stage as the beating heart of the 2019 edition. These will include the opening of the Artist Hub, a brand new area dedicated to artists and talent development, the fresh addition of Midem Studio Sessions by Dynaudio, a fully-equipped studio where international artists will record live in public. Also the competition for upcoming artists, the Midem Artist Accelerator, the second edition of the Midem Songwriting Camp and over 30 live concerts on the Midem Beach.
Ensuring that artists and creation are central to Midem is vital to Director, Alexandre Deniot, who says, “Midem was traditionally a meeting place for publishers, labels and lawyers, all essential to the commercial success of the industry, but we must also focus on the artists who create and perform the music that the whole business is based on. Seeking out and nurturing the freshest talent is key to the future of our global industry, so we are looking forward to celebrating some great emerging artists in the Artist Accelerator and enjoying their brilliant live sets, part of a series of over 30 diverse, dynamic gigs on the beach during Midem by Night. Midem will be bubbling with creative juices in the Artist Hub and Songwriting Camp and especially with the exciting new addition, Midem Studio Sessions by Dynaudio. By putting artists and creation at the heart of Midem this year, we are delighted to contribute to supporting the next generation.”
Artists & Creation Feature at the Heart of Midem 2019
Midem Studio Sessions by Dynaudio
Midem is proud to launch its debut Studio Sessions by Dynaudio, the first of its kind in Europe, the touring studio will be located at the entrance of the Palais des Festivals. Throughout the conference, several international artists will perform in exclusive public recording sessions. This unique experience will transport delegates deep into the heart of the creative and recording process.
Brand New Artist Hub
The Artist Hub, in association with the International Artist Organisation, and presented by Songkick and CD Baby, is a brand new area dedicated to artists. It is the place to learn all about talent development, to network and collaborate on ideas and creation.
Inspirational sessions to guide, support and inform artists will feature masterclasses from Blur’s David Rowntree and Lady Gaga producer DJ White Shadow. There will also be talks from Israeli psytrance electronic duo Infected Mushroom and French “Baby Rockers” BB Brunes.
From artist management, to A&R, marketing and digital, artists will learn and be inspired by key international players to boost their careers. Giants such as Beatport, IAO, CD Baby, K7 Music, Killimanjaro Live, Microsoft, Songkick, Sony/ATV and XL Recordings among others will take to the stage to share their insights.
Discover the Full Programme HERE
Midem Conference Programme
Artists from all corners of the globe will take part in the conference programme and share their experience, Nigerian singer-songwriter and producer Maleek Berry, one of the most popular rappers and hip-hop artists in India DIVINE, Singaporean record-breaking Artist Wengie as well as Belgian rapper Hamza.
Discover the Full Programme HERE
Midem Songwriting Camp in Partnership with Universal Music Publishing
Over four days in the Midem Creative House in Cannes, the Songwriting Camp will bring together some of the most exciting and innovative songwriters and producers to collaborate and compose original songs together.
During the Songwriting Camp, French urban-pop producers and international talent will come together in collaboration, starting on Sunday, 2 June. The Top 10 exclusive tracks will be revealed in a dedicated session during Midem on Thursday, 6 June, in the Palais des Festivals.
Songwriting Camp Confirmed Artists:
- AMWIN, Pop (Sweden) – Finalist of the Swedish Idol, AMWIN has recently released her debut EP AMWIN In Wonderland.
- Candice Pillay, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (South Africa) – Collaborations include Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Why Don’t We, Rita Ora, and Tinie Tempah.
- Calle Lehmann, Pop (Sweden) – Collaborations include Rita Ora, Zara Larsson, Galantis, Liam Payne, Why Don’t We, AlunaGeorge & Bryson Tiller, Petite Meller, Phoebe Ryan, Sid Swift, Ingrid Andress and Maty Noyes.
- Dalex, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (Puerto Rico).
- High P, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (France) – Collaborations include top French artists Maitre Gims, Vitaa, Dadju and JUL.
- Izi (Italy).
- Josh, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (France) – Collaborations include top French artists Dosseh and Rim’K.
- Leny Magoufakis, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (France) – Collaborations include top French artists Louane, Seth Gueko and Dosseh.
- Le Side (France) – Collaborations include Aya Nakamura’s second album “Nakamura” (top of the French charts).
- Mahmood, Pop (Italy) – The voice of Italy for Eurovision.
- Melanie Fontana, Pop (USA) – Collaborations include Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, BTS.
- Monet192 (Germany).
- Namika (Germany/Morocco) – Collaborations include Black M. In 2018 she was awarded by the Musikautorenpreis (Prize for Best Author) for the track “Je ne parle pas français” by GEMA.
- Todiefor, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (Belgium) – Collaborations include Caballero et JeanJass, Roméo Elvis.
Midem Artist Accelerator Presented by Amuse
Celebrating its fifth edition with a record number of submissions, up 35% on 2018, including entries from a staggering 24 new countries, this is the ultimate career booster – a global search for the most exciting emerging talent. The Artist Accelerator competition is an exclusive initiative for artists to grow their profiles internationally through masterclasses with inspiring artist ambassadors, mentoring sessions with big-hitting industry players, business meetings with international music professionals and concerts for an audience of trendsetters and international media.
The 2019 Finalists:
● ACIDO PANTERA (Colombia) | EDM
● ALEXANDER OSCAR (Denmark) | Pop
● ANYA (Denmark) | Pop
● BLANCHE (Belgium) | Pop
● BO NINGEN (Japan/UK) | Rock/Alternative
● DALEX (Puerto Rico) | R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban
● KYAN (UK) | R’n’B/Hip-Hop/Urban
● MOONCHILD SANELLY (South Africa) | Pop
● MULLALLY (UK) | Pop
● RASHA NAHAS (Palestinian Territories) | Rock/Alternative
● SAUTI SOL (Kenya) | World
For more information click HERE.
Notes to Editors
About Dynaudio – With more than 40 years’ experience, Dynaudio is the leading producer of handcrafted high-end loudspeakers, created by impassioned music lovers for your living room, professional studio and car.
About Midem – Home of the Global Music Community, Midem is the world’s leading music business event which brings together, connects, serves and supports the global music community to exchange, create, play, forge relationships and shape the future of music. With a rich 4-day programme of conferences, competitions, networking events and live performances, music makers, cutting-edge technology companies, brands & talent come together to enrich the passionate relationship between people & music, transform audience engagement and form new business connections.
Midem is part of Reed MIDEM, a global leader in the organisation of international professional markets in music, television and digital content industries (MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR, MIP China and MIP Cancun) and real estate sectors (MIPIM, MIPIM PropTech and MAPIC).
Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events’ organiser, with more than 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018, Reed Exhibitions brought together more than 7m event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed Exhibitions’ events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com