Paris, 29 May 2020 – Midem, home of the global music community, today reveals that YouTube’s Tuma Basa, Believe Digital’s Denis Ladegaillerie, Capitol Records’ Amber Grimes, rappers T.I. and D-Nice, and K-pop superstar Ailee, and more, will all take part in the Midem Digital Edition, 02-05 June 2020.
Today, Midem has unveiled the final programme for the first ever Midem Digital Edition, announcing the confirmed list of keynotes and panels not to be missed. The digital event will be accessible to all for free from Tuesday 2 to Friday 5 June.
Remaining true to Midem’s DNA, the programme brings together the global music community to be inspired by international decision-makers and innovators and shape the future of the worldwide music industry. From streaming to sync, international markets and discussions around the current crisis shaking the world, and more, Midem brings a wide range of topics into a single event.
In addition, the music community from all corners of the world will still be able to come together and benefit from the essential networking element, which is always such an important part of Midem, via a dedicated networking tool for participants and daily “Meet the Speakers” sessions, offering a unique opportunity for all attendees to engage with one another.
Midem Director, Alexandre Deniot, says, “We were determined to bring Midem and the spirit of the French Riviera to our first Digital Edition. Our dedicated team has completely engaged in offering an impressive lineup of artists and executives who’ve joined us in this adventure. Midem Digital Edition will be the one destination to bring the global music community together in spite of these troubled times. Hosting all the high-level conversations that will help shape the future of our industry, the event will unite our community in solidarity and bring some positivity and optimism to our current climate.”
Here are some of the highlights of the Midem Digital Edition Programme
- Global Hip-Hop Icons in Conversation: T.I. & Nasty C
- A conversation with Akon
- Business (Un)Usual with D-Nice and SoundExchange President and CEO Michael Huppe
- Youtube’s Tuma Basa & Thabiso Khati share their vision on the African Hip-hop globalisation phenomenon
- Shaping the Future of the Music industry: Believe CEO Denis Ladegaillerie
- Breaking in the USA: Behind the Scenes with K-Pop Superstar Ailee
- The New Normal: Willard Adhriz (Kobalt)
- Artists Voices in Francophone Africa: A’salfo x Fally Ipupa x Youssou N’Dour
- Amber Grimes (Capitol/UMG) & Nicole Wyskoarko (Interscope/UMG) in conversation on Leadership in Music & Diversity
- Pepsi’s Ellen Healy will talk on the brand’s history and legacy in music, sharing insights on recent collaborations made with artists Badshah and Now United.
- Artist & Label Services with Fred Davis (The Raine Group), Justin Kalifowitz (Downtown Music) & Kerry Trainor (SoundCloud)
- Music Supervisors’ Lynn Fainchtein & Jesper Gadeberg on Music Sync for Film/TV & Ad formats
- Kenny Meiselas: Lessons from The Weeknd & Lady Gaga’s attorney
- Global Indie Voices – Merlin: Charlie Lexton, Marie Clausen & Michael Ugwu – In association with IMPALA, WIN, IMPF & Merlin
- Global Indie Voices – RDx & Data: Behind the Scenes of a Cross-industry Collaboration – In association with IMPALA, WIN, IMPF & Merlin
- An exclusive conversation between Warner Music Italy’s Chairman & CEO Marco Alboni and rapper Ghali
- Official Speech: Franck Riester, French Minister of Culture
- Contribution from Jean-Philippe Thiellay, President, Centre National de la Musique
- Music Composers Pinar Toprak & Benjamin Wallfisch on scoring Hollywood movies in 2020 (in association with Variety)
- ICMP: 30 Years of Music Publishing with Ralph Peer II (peermusic) & John Phelan (ICMP)
- Arabian Prince (+ 1 hour DJ set) – Founding member of NWA, Songwriter, rapper, producer, DJ, technologist Pro Gamer and futurist.
- Ibeyi & Emicida
- Swede (808 Mafia) – US producer who’s worked with hip-hop giants such as DJ Khaled, Lil Wayne and Nas, and Latin stars, from Dalex to Pitbull and Flo Rida.
- Wyclef Jean – Legendary solo artist, producer and founding member of the Fugees, winner of several Grammy Awards.
- Navy Kenzo & DSK On The Beat
- Global Data Track:
. The Impact of Covid-19 on Music: A Search for the New by Nielsen Music/MRC Data
. No Lockdowns in Trigger Cities: Whilst the Music Industry has Slowed, the Marketplace Accelerated by Charmetric
. The World’s Leading Artist Management Companies: 2020 by ROSTR
. Recovery Economy by MIDiA Research
- Exclusive Workshops for Artists & Labels:
. Spotify Workshop – Making the Most out of Spotify (by invitation only)
. Believe Workshop – Artists & Labels: How to Leverage your Music during Covid-19 (open to all)
WATCH THE OFFICIAL TRAILER HERE
VIEW THE FULL MIDEM DIGITAL EDITION PROGRAMME HERE
REGISTER FOR YOUR FREE ACCESS TO MIDEM DIGITAL EDITION HERE
Notes to Editors
About Reed MIDEM – Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR in Cannes, MIP China in Hangzhou and MIP Cancun in Mexico for the television and digital content industries; MIDEM in Cannes for music professionals; Esports BAR in Cannes and in Miami for the esports business; MIPIM in Cannes, MIPIM Asia Summit in Hong Kong SAR, Propel by MIPIM – Cannes, Propel by MIPIM – Paris, Propel by MIPIM NYC in partnership with Metaprop, Propel by MIPIM – Hong Kong; MAPIC and LeisurUp in Cannes, MAPIC Russia in Moscow, MAPIC Italy and The Happetite in Milan, and MAPIC India in Mumbai for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
About Reed Exhibitions – Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexhibitions.com