Paris, 7 June 2015 – Midemlab, the international pitching competition for cutting-edge startups, today announces that FUSIC, UNIQUE SOUND & BASSLET are the three winners of the 8th consecutive edition of the competition for the three categories: Music Discovery, Recommendation & Creation; Marketing, Social Engagement & Monetisation Solutions and Hardware/Internet of Things.
Presented by Pepsi and Vivendi, Midemlab is part of Midem, the leading international B2B event for the music ecosystem, which is actually taking place in Cannes. The competition features not only music startups, but also larger tech companies offering relevant solutions that can be used by the creative industries – in particular the music industry – to build new consumer experiences. For the 2015 edition, a brand new competition category has been introduced for Hardware and the Internet of Things.
The Midemlab 2015 edition has not only witnessed a strong diversity in terms of the nationality of applicants – over 40 countries represented – but also a real growth in participation with a 37% increase in submitting companies compared to 2014.
The 30 selected finalists, originate from the four corners of the globe with contestants coming from Israel, South Korea, Portugal, Denmark, Turkey, USA, Germany and many other countries, to take part in Midem.
Finalists had the opportunity to pitch in front of a high-profile industry jury, along with the Midem audience including potential business partners and investors. They received personalised coaching from Official Coaching Partner Pepsi, to help prepare their pitches.
The winners FUSIC, UNIQUE SOUND & BASSLET will receive free access for one year to Midem, MIPTV & MIPCOM, the key entertainment shows of Reed MIDEM, gain free legal advice with Jeff Liebenson from Liebenson Law, and receive a free 6-month trial of the StrategyEye subscription service for tracking global technology, media and telecom markets and disruptive tech trends.
Previous Midemlab finalists have raised millions of euros in funding since participating in the event, and many have gone on to carve out success in the wider music ecosystem.
The Midemlab 2015 finalists were:
or more details on each of the finalists, click here:
Music Discovery, Recommendation & Creation
- Audioshot (USA) – Mobile music sharing and messaging
- FeedYourMusic by AllThatSeries (Korea) – Feedback based online music education
- Fusic (Israel) – Where selfie meets music
- neoScores (Belgium) – The digital alternative to sheet music
- Chew (UK) – The DJ’s live streaming community
- SoundBetter (Israel) – The music creation marketplace
- Soundsgood (France) – Music discovery service curated by influencers
- The Best Song (France) – The TripAdvisor for music
- TRADiiO (Portugal) – Reward-based music discovery platform
- VOX by Coppertino (USA) – Music player for lossless and hiRes generation
Marketing, Social Engagement & Monetisation Solutions
- CampaignAmp (UK) – Simply effective project management & analytics
- Clowdy (UK) – Connecting the world’s creatives
- DICE (UK) – Best gigs. No booking fees.
- ehco by The Entertainment Helping Company (USA) – Music’s new giving channel
- Entertainment Factory (Turkey) – Distribution insight integrated marketing sales
- FireChat by Open Garden (USA) – Chat live with your fans
- Laniakea Music (UK) – YouTube music multi-channel network
- Linkfire (Denmark) – Smart links for music marketing
- UniqueSound (USA) – World largest marketplace of composers
- Vinyl It (France) – Create your own vinyl record
Hardware/Internet of Things
- FretX by Labana (France) – Revolutionary device for guitar learning
- Hooke (USA) – GoPro for sound
- Immersive Album (UK) – Multi sensory music and arts
- Lucie Labs (France) – A smart wristband to augment your music experience
- Phonotonic (France) – Making music with wearables
- Prizm (France) – Nest for music or The first thinking music player
- The Basslet by Rescued Ideas (Germany) – Experience music in 3D
- The Q by Belleds Technologies (USA) – Smart home audio and lighting platform
- Trak (France) – Leave the party with the playlist of your night
- VideoStitch (France) – Live 3D virtual reality Video A changer par le nouveau!
The Midemlab 2015 jury comprises:
- Corinne Bach, VP, Innovation Projects, Vivendi (France) @cmabach
- Jason Ball, Senior Director, Qualcomm Ventures (UK) @jasonball
- Jon Bradford, Managing Director, Techstars London (UK) @jd
- Paul Brindley, CEO, Music Ally (UK) @musicallypaul
- Ciara Byrne, Freelance Technology Journalist, Fast Company/Forbes/VentureBeat(Netherlands) @deciara
- Frederic Court, General Partner, Advent Venture Partners (UK) @fcourt
- Stéphane Distinguin, Founder & CEO, FABERNOVEL and President / Chairman, Cap Digital (France) @fano
- Martin Duval, President & COO, bluenove Group (France) @bluenove
- Marie Ekeland, Co-President, France Digitale (France) @bibicheri
- Brady Forrest, VP, Highway 1 (USA) @brady
- Dave Haynes, Business Development, Seedcamp (UK) @haynes_dave
- Jason Mendelson, Managing Director, Foundry Group (USA) @jasonmendelson
- Chris O’Brien, European Correspondent, VentureBeat (France/USA) @obrien
- Pär-Jörgen Pärson, General Partner, Northzone (Sweden) @pjparson
- Brian Solis, Principal Analyst, Altimeter Group (USA) @briansolis
- Roxanne Varza, Startup Lover / Emerging Business lead, Microsoft (France) @roxannevarza
- Alex White, CEO, Next Big Sound (USA) @mralexwhite
Midemlab is presented by Pepsi & Vivendi.
Bluenove, Index Ventures, Music Ally, Seedcamp, 21212 Digital Accelerator, BITKOM, China Accelerator, East West Digital News, Music 4.5, Rude Baguette, StartupBootCamp, Startup Nation Central, Ukraine Digital News, UP Global are partners of Midemlab.
More informations on MidemBlog
About Midem – Midem is the leading international b2b event dedicated to the new music ecosystem, with a market, conferences, competitions, networking events and a festival. It’s the place where music makers, cutting-edge technologies, brands & talents come together to enrich the passionate relationship between people & music, transform audience engagement and form new business connections. www.midem.com